The Global Studies Program
Estrella Foothills Global Academy features global studies as its signature program. This program creates opportunities for students to think and engage in learning activities that broaden their global perspective. Mandarin Chinese is offered as a foreign language component.
The program is built around the following four domains of global competence:
- Investigate the World: Students investigate the world beyond their immediate environment
- Recognize Perspectives: Students recognize their own and others’ perspectives
- Communicate Ideas: Students communicate their ideas effectively with diverse audiences
- Take Action: Students translate their ideas into appropriate action to improve conditions
Quarterly Unit Plans encompass Communication, Collaboration, 21st Century Thinking, and Research that fosters internationally-minded thinking and learning.
- Organizational Skills
- Critical Thinkers
- Information Literacy Skills
The program is modeled after the Asia Society’s Global School Design, which ensures all aspects of the school community are designed to support a global focus.
Estrella Foothills Global Academy is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the Middle Years Programme. We received full authorization as an IB World School in Fall 2022. EFGA aims to provide a world-class education that focuses on attributes that can help individuals and groups become responsible members of local, national, and global communities and help students to become lifelong learners.